Park Playa Bara Holiday Parc
Taking it's name from the stunning 1st Century Roman Arch guarding it's entrance, Park Playa Bara is a Self-Contained Holiday Resort located some 20km from the Roman City of Tarragona.
The Roman inspiration is apparent throughout this beautifully designed site, from the impressive Roman-themed Amphitheatre with day & evening entertainments during high season, to the beautiful columns, sculptures and architecture of it's buildings.
There's direct access leading to the beach (300m) with beach-front restaurant and bar, water sports and sun-loungers for hire. The small fishing village and Marina of Roc de San Gaieta are within easy walking distance (1km) Eastwards along the new paved coastal-walkway, whereas the small regional town of Torredembarra is 6km Westwards.
Our Opinion : Park Playa Bara is an ideal choice for families with young children who will enjoy the family-friendly on-site facilities & beach-life or couples who enjoy peaceful surroundings.
Playa Bara is not suitable for teenagers or for any singles-type holidays.
We strongly recommend all clients to come by car (self drive or hire car) to this destination as the nearest town and nearest public transport are some distance away.
Please note that Parc Playa Bara will not accept group bookings of more than 2 associated Lodges under any circumstances. They also require a minimum stay of 7 nights for all clients. No shorter durations are permitted
Please also see 'Important Information' for other booking requirements and code of conduct
|Spanish/Catalan Residents - We sincerely regret that we are not able to accept reservations from Spanish/Catalan clients for this destination. Thank you for your understanding.
Estimado clientes Españoles, No podemos aceptar ninguna reserva de clientes Españoles para este destino. Disculpen las molestias, y gracias por su comprensión.
Estimats clients catalans, No podem acceptar reserves de clients catalans per aquesta destinació. Li demanem disculpes i gracies per la seva comprensió
- Large free-form swimming pool,
on two-levels with connecting fun-slide
- Children's pool with waterslides
- Extensive sun terraces
- Lawned sunbathing areas
- Pool sun loungers
- Indoor Health Spa (over 18s):
- Indoor heated whirlpool with jacuzzi and waterfall
- Plunge pool
- Beauty treatments and massages
(all payable locally - Spa entrance from €8 per session. Beauty treaments and massages are payable extra)
- Children's play area
- Kids-Club (site-operated)
- Games room
- Video arcade
- Snack bar
- Beach bar
- Pool bar
- Amphitheatre bar with entertainment (high season)
- Disco bar (open 'til late)
- Gift shop
- Sports facilities
- Washing machines (payable locally)
- Hair dresser
- Massage & beauty treatments
- ATM Cash machine
- Internet access (payable locally)
- Safety deposit boxes for rent
- Public telephones
- Medical room with doctor's visits
- Night-time security patrol
Please note that there is an ATM machine on-site but no currency exchange facilities
A charge applies locally for some services & facilities
- Playa Bara's own Kid's Club during high season (multi-nationality)
- Lively day & evening entertainment programme for all the family organised
by Playa Bara's own Entertainments Team during July & August
Recreational Activities (payable locally) :
- Bike Hire
- Mini Golf
- Table Tennis
- Pool Tables
- Video Arcade
- Nearby : Horse Riding, Wind Surfing, Go-Karting & Golf Courses
Park Playa Bara is a 'Families & Couples' location, not suitable for singles.
VERY IMPORTANT : Park Playa Bara Code of Conduct
Being of exceptional quality, directed at providing an idyllic, restful and relaxing atmosphere, the Site management operate an extremely strict client conduct policy.
CAR PARKING :
Maximum number of vehicles per Accom : 1
Charge for extra vehicle : 6.20€ per day (€10.70 per day 04/07 to 20/08)
Parking for extra vehicles is subject to availability. Charges are payable directly to Playa Bara Reception.
Motorhomes, campervans, trailers or vans are not permitted under any circumstances unless a suitable emplacement has been booked privately directly with Park Playa Bara.
Motorbikes are not permitted unless written permission has been granted from Park Playa Bara
All utilities, gaz, electricity & water are included in the cost of your accommodation.
Payments Required Upon Arrival :
- Housekeeping Deposit : £50.00
- Contents Accidental Damage Deposit : £200.00
(or £15.00 Waiver payable upon booking)
- Accom-Only/Flight Bookings : Your holiday price includes arrivals & departures between the hours of 08:00 and 22:00. Arrivals and/or departure outside these times will incur a supplement of £20.00 per Lodge, payable locally.
Optional Extras (add at time of booking) :
- Air-Conditioning/Climate Control
- Bed Linen Hire
- Towel Hire
- Cot Hire
- High Chair Hire
- Airport Transfers
- Port Avenutura Theme Park Tickets
(transport not included)
Please Note :
- Our Lodges are only accessible by steps therefore we regret that this destination is unsuitable for wheelchair clients.
- Activities are subject to demand & weather conditions.
- Some services and facilties may not be available early & late season
- For the safety and enjoyment of all, each location has their own strict code of conduct. Full details are provided by the Holiday Parc/Campsite Reception and/or your Siesta Representative.
- Arrivals outside Park Playa Bara Reception Hours (08:00-22:00) are by prior arrangment only.
- Park Playa Bara will grant access only to persons named on your Siesta Accom-Voucher.
FREE Nights : Every 7th Night is Free of Charge!
Pay for 6 nights stay for 7!
Pay for 12 nights stay for 14!
(discount will be automatically included in prices quoted)
Up to 35% Discount
From all accommodation prices on selected dates
(discount will be automatically included in prices quoted)
Special Price Travel Insurance*
From £50 per family
* Insurance available to UK Residents only, up to 75 years of age at the time of travel. Subject to acceptance criteria by Insurance Company & underwriters
An excellent park offering both good on-site amenities as well as easy access to the beach, a few minutes walk away. Pools were great with slides that kept the kids happy. A little tricky to get a sunbed but we weren't too bothered and opted for the grassy area (you can take chairs in if you have them).
The main restaurant has a nice atmosphere in the outside garden area and the food was good, though not amazing and reasonably priced, as was the take-away, shop pretty good value too. The night entertainment is hosted in the amphitheatre and is a great venue, we enjoyed it each time we went.
The spa is good value, 1 hour massage plus spa access was 42 Euros.
The site is a mixture of camping and caravans. We stayed with Siesta Holidays they have around 12 caravans in a nice, quiet part of the site. I would not hesitate to recommend this site and may well book again next year.
Anon - Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
We stayed in a Deluxe 8 with siesta and it was fantastic, Siesta reps were very helpful. The park reception was very friendly and helpful, the kids entertainment was fab; even the day time activities, my kids really enjoyed them, usually they don't want to go but they loved it. Crazy golf, basketball, swimming, games etc. Kids disco started each night at 8pm which is good as any earlier you are rushing to get dinner and changed etc. My daughter loved the animation team, especially George! Then there was usually a show at 10pm which was well presented, Mamma Mia, Shrek etc, the animation team work very hard.
Service at the bars is excellent and the staff keep the bar and tables clean and tidy etc. Drinks are reasonable. Happy hour 8-9pm so 1 pint beer, 1 g&t and a fanta, 6 drinks in total = €9.
The park is immaculate, on site is a hairdresser, gym, large supermarket, restaurants, shop, spa which you had to pay for which is disappointing... Pool was great, kids really loved the slide, infant swimming area, basketball courts, tennis courts, mini golf, blowing alley, cinema; showing kids films each day. The Siesta area is great, thoroughly enjoyed our week here, will definitely be back next year if not before.
The beach was not very clean though this is the only down side, but not the park owners fault.
Jackie - June 2013
Just home from 2 weeks in Parc Playa Bara - stayed with Siesta Holidays and had a fantastic holiday. Siesta caravans are spacious and spotless, reps were fab too. Went with our 2 girls aged 4 and 7 and they absolutely loved it. Pool area was great - slides were shut during our first week but open for second. Beach is 10 minute walk and was gorgeous. We will definitely be back to this site it has everything you could want from a caravaning holiday - top class
Jayne – June 2013
How our clients rated this destination (Summer 2012):